Safely Buy Biofreeze Gel ( Biofreeze ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
Biofreeze is a pain medication used to provide relief from minor muscle or joint pain. The gel can also help relieve pain from bruises and arthritis.
Biofreeze uses menthol to offer cooling relief to sore muscles and joints. The menthol also offers this gel analgesic and antipruritic properties. All these qualities allow biofreeze to temporarily relieve pain caused by arthritis or bruises as well as backaches and general muscle or joint pain.
Uses and Dosage
Read the packaging labels carefully and follow all directions when using this Biofreeze gel.
- Wash your hands before and after application of this gel
- Test on a small area of skin before your first use to see how your skin reacts
- Apply to sore muscles and/or joints
- Do not wrap treated areas with a tight bandage or cover with a heating pad
- This biofreeze gel may cause a cold or burning sensation when first applied
- Wash skin with soap and water if burning sensation causes significant discomfort
- Thoroughly rinse your eyes or mouth if they come into contact with this gel
- Do not apply to open wounds, broken skin, or irritated skin
- Consult with your doctor if pain doesn’t improve after 7 days of treatment
- Store at room temperature keeping the lid tightly closed
Biofreeze may cause some side effects to occur while it relieves your muscle and joint pain, or you may have none at all. Common side effects include a burning sensation on your treated skin.
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious side effects may develop when using this Biofreeze gel. Stop using this gel and call your doctor right away if you notice any of the following:
- Severe burning, stinging, redness, or irritation after application
- Pain, swelling, or blistering in treated areas
Do not use Biofreeze if you are allergic to menthol. Read the ingredient list carefully, a component of the gel may also cause an allergic reaction. Stop using this gel and contact your doctor if you develop signs of an allergic reaction.
Biofreeze gel allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
If this menthol gel comes into contact with your eyes, nose, or mouth, rinse the area thoroughly with water.
Avoid using other topical pain medications on areas already treated with this Biofreeze gel.
To ensure the safety of using this Biofreeze gel, tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, allergies, and medicines you use.
Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Biofreeze if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or salicylate medicine.
Ask your doctor about using this gel if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding and apply Biofreeze to your chest, ensure to avoid areas that may come into contact with your nursing child’s mouth.
Consult your doctor before using this gel on a child aged 12 and younger.
Form and Strength
This Biofreeze gel is available in quantities of 89mL.
How does Biofreeze gel work?
Biofreeze gel contains menthol which provides a cooling sensation to sore areas of your body as well as analgesic properties. These properties allow the gel to provide temporary pain relief from arthritis pain, backaches, muscle or joint pain, and even bruises by gently numbing the affected area.
How long does it take for Biofreeze gel to work?
This Biofreeze gel should provide instantaneous relief to sore muscles and joints as soon as you apply the gel to the affected area. If your pain does not go away after a few days of treatment, or if it returns shortly thereafter, contact your doctor.