Safely Buy Farxiga ( Dapagliflozin ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Farxiga||5mg||28||$66.90||Add To Cart|
|Farxiga||5mg||56||$116.30||Add To Cart|
|Farxiga||5mg||84||$166.50||Add To Cart|
|Farxiga||10mg||84||$335.20||Add To Cart|
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Dapagliflozin||5mg||60||$67.95||Add To Cart|
|Dapagliflozin||5mg||100||$97.90||Add To Cart|
|Dapagliflozin||10mg||100||$104.70||Add To Cart|
Farxiga is a medication used to treat type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease. The medication helps control blood sugar levels by supporting the kidney’s ability to rid glucose from the bloodstream. Dapagliflozin may also be used to reduce the risk of heart failure and ejection fraction.
Dapagliflozin is a sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor that improves glycemic control. Farxiga blocks SGLT2 from reabsorbing glucose into the bloodstream from urine and causes the kidney to excrete more glucose into the urine to lower blood sugar levels.
Uses and Dosage
Farxiga doses will vary depending on the person. Always follow your doctor’s instructions when taking medication.
- Take with or without food
- Use alongside diet and exercise
- Most adults start with 5mg a day for diabetes treatment
- To reduce risk of heart failure, most take 10mg a day
- For chronic kidney disease, most take 10mg a day
- Check blood sugar levels often
- You may need to test ketone levels in your urine
- Drink lots of fluids while taking Farxiga
- Store tablets away from moisture and heat at room temperature
Farxiga may cause some side effects while it affects your blood sugar. Speak with your doctor for more information regarding any symptoms you may encounter when taking Farxiga.
Common Farxiga side effects include:
- Genital yeast infection
- Urinating more frequently
- Sore throat and runny nose
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious side effects may occur when taking Farxiga. Speak with your doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Dehydration (dizziness, confusion, feeling very thirsty, less urination)
- Kidney problems (little to no urination, swelling in feet or ankles, tiredness, shortness of breath)
- Ketoacidosis (nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, drowsiness, or trouble breathing)
- Bladder infection (painful or burning urination, increased urination, bloody urine, fever, pain in pelvis or back)
Do not take Farxiga if you are allergic to dapagliflozin. Stop using this medication and see your doctor if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction.
Farxiga allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
Avoid drinking alcohol when taking Farxiga; it may interact with the medication and cause harmful or unwanted side effects.
Avoid taking Farxiga if you have diabetic ketoacidosis, severe kidney disease, or if you are on dialysis.
To ensure safety, tell your doctor know about any medical conditions you have, especially the following:
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Bladder infections or trouble urinating
- Pancreatic issues
- If you are on a low salt diet
Farxiga can make you dehydrated which could cause you to feel dizzy or weak. Monitor your conditions and drink lots of fluids.
Some drugs can interact with dapagliflozin and increase or decrease its effects. Tell your doctor about all medications you take, especially the following:
- Diabetes medications like insulin
- A diuretic or water pill
Avoid using dapagliflozin during the second or third trimesters of pregnancy. Diabetes management is important during pregnancy; consult with your doctor for instructions on using Farxiga while pregnant and to create a treatment plan.
Form and Strength
This medication is available in film coated tablets.
Farxiga tablet strengths:
The 5mg tablets are available in quantities of 28, 84, and 90, while the 10mg tablets come in groups of 28, 84, or 100.
How long does it take for Farxiga to work?
Farxiga starts working after the first dose, but full visible effects may take up to a week. The effects will depend on whether Farxiga is being used to treat diabetes, kidney disease, or heart failure.
Can Farxiga cause constipation?
For some, Farxiga can lead to constipation, but this doesn’t occur often. Studies have shown that diarrhea is only developed in 2% of those taking the medication.
How does Farxiga work?
Farxiga inhibits sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 which reduces the reabsorption of sugar from the urine into the bloodstream. The medication also reduces increased activity of the sympathetic nervous system which helps prevent heart failure and factors contributing to chronic kidney disease.
28, 56, 60, 84, 100
Film Coated Tablet, Tablet