Safely Buy Hydrochlorothiazide ( Hctz ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Hctz||25mg||100||$29.20||Add To Cart|
|Hctz||50mg||100||$29.20||Add To Cart|
|Hctz||12.5mg||100||$34.20||Add To Cart|
Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) is a thiazide diuretic and antihypertensive drug used to treat or prevent fluid retention (edema). HCTZ also helps treat high blood pressure which can cause cardiovascular issues.
Hydrochlorothiazide inhibits the reabsorption of electrolytes and increases the excretion of chloride and sodium. By doing this, the medication helps prevent high blood pressure and edema.
Since this medication helps treat or prevent edema and hypertension, it is often prescribed for those experiencing edema due to congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, and kidney diseases. Hydrochlorothiazide also helps edema caused by steroids or estrogen.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of hydrochlorothiazide prescribed will vary depending on the person and condition being treated. Always follow your doctor’s instructions when taking medication.
- Adults usually start by taking 25mg once or twice a day
- Adults usually take no more than 100mg twice a day
- Do not take two doses at once
- Avoid getting up too fast from sitting or lying
- Protect your skin from the sun and avoid tanning beds
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat
Hydrochlorothiazide may cause some side effects as it decreases water retention and hypertension. Speak with your doctor for more information and advice concerning any symptoms you may encounter.
Common HCTZ side effects include:
- Feeling faint, like you might pass out
- Severe pain in upper stomach spreading to your back
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fever, chills
- Mouth or skin sores
- Easy bruising
- Unusual bleeding
- Pale skin
- Cold hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Electrolyte imbalance (thirst, increased urination, confusion, vomiting, constipation, muscle and bone pain, leg cramps, decreased energy, irregular heartbeat, tingling)
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious side effects may occur when taking HCTZ. Speak with your doctor right away if you notice any of the following side effects:
- Light-headed feeling
- Eye pain or vision problems
- Pale skin
- Easy bruising or unusual bleeding
- Shortness of breath, wheezing
- Coughing with foamy mucus
- Chest pain
- Dehydration (thirsty or hot, unable to urinate, heavy sweating, hot and dry skin)
- Electrolyte imbalance (increased thirst or urination, confusion, vomiting, constipation, muscle pain, leg cramps, bone pain, lack of energy, irregular heartbeats, tingling)
Do not take HCTZ if you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide. Stop taking this medication and contact your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction.
Hydrochlorothiazide allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling in face or throat
- Sore throat
- Burning eyes
- Skin pain
- Red or purple rash
- Blistering and peeling skin
Drinking alcohol while taking HCTZ may cause an increase in side effects.
Manage your hydration while taking hydrochlorothiazide; avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated.
Do not use hydrochlorothiazide if you are unable to urinate.
To ensure the safety of taking this medication, let your doctor know if you have ever had any of the following conditions:
- Kidney or liver disease
- Low potassium or sodium levels in your blood
- High calcium levels in your blood
- Parathyroid gland disorder
- Allergy to sulfa drugs or penicillin
Taking hydrochlorothiazide while pregnant may cause some issues for your baby such as jaundice. Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant to develop a treatment plan. Do not take HCTZ while breastfeeding.
Some other medications may interact with hydrochlorothiazide and cause unwanted side effects. Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, especially the following:
- Cholestyramine, colestipol
- Insulin or other diabetes medicine
- Blood pressure medications
- Steroid medicines
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and others
Form and Strength
This medication comes in tablet form.
Hydrochlorothiazide tablet strengths:
The hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz) tablets are all available in quantities of 100.
How long does hydrochlorothiazide stay in your system?
HCTZ takes roughly 3 and a half days to be completely removed from the body. This medication has a half-life of 6 to 15 hours, meaning its concentration reduces by half every 6 to 15 hours. Because its half-life ranges, hydrochlorothiazide could take less than 3 and half days to leave your system.
What is the best time of day to take blood pressure medication?
You may benefit from taking blood pressure medication such as HCTZ at night to provide better blood pressure while you sleep without compromising your balance during the day.
Should you take a diuretic with diazoxide?
A common side effect of diazoxide is fluid retention, edema, or congestive heart failure. Taking a diuretic such as hydrochlorothiazide may help reduce these side effects thanks to its prevention of fluid retention.
12.5mg, 25mg, 50mg