Safely Buy Macrodantin ( Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystal ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystal||50mg||100||$59.70||Add To Cart|
|Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystal||100mg||100||$87.20||Add To Cart|
Macrodantin is an antibiotic medication used to treat urinary tract infections.
Nitrofurantoin macrocrystal is a synthetic antibiotic with controlled crystal size that kills bacteria in the lower urinary tract by metabolizing and binding to bacterial enzymes which prevents them from growing and spreading. Thanks to its complicated mechanism of action, Macrodantin is effective against most gram-positive and negative organisms without gaining significant resistance.
This antimicrobial medication is well-tolerated with minimal toxicity and adverse reactions. When used short term, Macrodantin effectively treats lower urinary tract infections without significantly affecting healthy bowel flora.
Uses and Dosage
The prescription of Macrodantin will vary depending on the individual and condition being treated. Always follow your doctor’s directives and read packaging labels carefully when taking new medications.
- Swallow capsules whole, do not break or chew
- Take with food
- Adults with uncomplicated UTIs usually take 50mg four times daily
- Adults should take no more than 100mg four times a day
- For long-term suppressive therapy, adults usually take 50 to 100mg before bed
- Pediatric patients should take 5 to 7mg per kg of body weight divided into four daily doses
- Treatment usually lasts for one week or at least 3 days after sterile urine is obtained
- Take Macrodantin for the entire length of time prescribed
- Nitrofurantoin can affect medical test results; tell doctors you use Macrodantin
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat
Macrodantin may cause some side effects to develop while it fights bacterial infections in your lower urinary tract. Speak with your doctor to determine more specifics regarding any symptoms you may encounter when taking nitrofurantoin macrocrystals.
Common Macrodantin side effects:
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, weakness
- Gas, indigestion, loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
- Muscle or joint pain
- Rash, itching
- Temporary hair loss
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse reactions may occur when taking nitrofurantoin macrocrystals. Stop using Macrodantin and call your doctor right away if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Severe stomach pain, watery or bloody diarrhea
- Vision problems
- Fever, chills, cough, chest pain, trouble breathing
- Numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands or feet
- Severe pain behind your eyes
- Pale skin, weakness
- Joint pain or swelling with fever, swollen glands, and muscle aches
- Pain, redness, or swelling in your lower jaw
- Increased skull pressure (severe headaches, ringing ears, dizziness, nausea, vision problems, pain behind your eyes)
- Liver or pancreas problems (upper stomach pain that may spread to your back, nausea or vomiting, dark urine, jaundice)
Side effects may be more likely to occur in older adults taking Macrodantin.
Do not take Macrodantin if you are allergic to nitrofurantoin. If you develop signs of an allergic reaction, stop taking this antibiotic and contact your doctor.
Macrodantin allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling in face or throat
- Sore throat
- Burning eyes
- Skin pain
- Red or purple rash
- Blistering or peeling skin
Avoid taking antacid medications that contain magnesium trisilicate when taking Macrodantin because it can make it harder for your body to absorb the nitrofurantoin macrocrystals.
Antibiotics including nitrofurantoin can cause diarrhea which may indicate a new infection. If you develop watery or bloody diarrhea while taking Macrodantin, call your doctor before using any anti-diarrhea medication.
Do not take Macrodantin if you have any of the following:
- Severe kidney disease
- Troubles urinating
- A history of jaundice or liver problems caused by Macrodantin
Do not take Macrodantin during late pregnancy, starting around 38 weeks until delivery. Nitrofurantoin can affect your unborn child and cause complications.
To ensure your safety in taking Macrodantin, tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following:
- Kidney disease
- An electrolyte imbalance or vitamin B deficiency
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Any type of debilitating disease
Some other drugs may interact with Macrodantin and cause adverse effects. Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicine, vitamins, and herbal products.
Do not breastfeed a child younger than one month old while taking Macrodantin to avoid the development of severe adverse effects in your nursing child.
Macrodantin should not be given to any child younger than one month old.
Form and Strength
This antibiotic medication is available in capsule form.
Macrodantin capsule strengths:
The 500mg capsules are available in quantities of 90 while the 100mg Macrodantin capsules are available in groups of 100.
What antibiotics are used to treat UTIs?
The most common drugs prescribed to treat UTIs include nitrofurantoin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and fosfomycin. Your doctor will determine the best antibiotic for you and your infection, but Macrodantin has shown to be quite effective at treating lower urinary tract infections.
What are the most common Macrodantin side effects?
Macrodantin is a safe antibiotic with a lower incidence of adverse effects compared to other antimicrobial drugs. The most common side effects associated with nitrofurantoin include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and diarrhea. These symptoms often develop at the beginning of treatment but are less common when the macrocrystalline form of the drug is taken, such as with Macrodantin.