Safely Buy Micardis ( Telmisartan ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Micardis||20mg||84||$94.25||Add To Cart|
|Micardis||80mg||28||$53.10||Add To Cart|
|Micardis||80mg||84||$126.20||Add To Cart|
|Micardis||80mg||84||$120.25||Add To Cart|
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
Micardis is a water pill used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist that can lower blood pressure in higher risk individuals by inhibiting angiotensin receptors. This action in the renin-angiotensin system allows Micardis to improve blood flow by widening blood vessels, stimulates aldosterone to manage blood pressure, and manage levels of sodium and potassium. Telmisartan also offers protective properties against cardiovascular diseases and organ damage.
This antihypertensive drug helps lower and manage blood pressure levels with better tolerability than other angiotensin receptor blockers. Micardis may also offer renoprotection while helping reduce left ventricular hypertrophy, arterial stiffness, and recurring atrial fibrillation.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of Micardis prescribed will be individualized according to the person and severity of their condition being treated. Always follow your doctor’s instructions and read packaging labels carefully when taking any medication.
- Swallow tablets whole
- Take with or without food
- Micardis doses can be taken with other antihypertensive agents
- Most adults usually start taking 40mg once daily for hypertension
- Adults shouldn’t take more than 80mg daily
- For cardiovascular risk reduction, most adults take 80mg once a day
- Blood pressure should be monitored closely monitored
- Antihypertensive effects usually occur within 2 weeks
- Complete reduction is usually reached after 4 weeks of treatment
- Continue taking Micardis as instructed even if you feel well
- Tell a surgeon you take Micardis if you need surgery or medical tests
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat
- Keep each tablet in its blister pack until use
Micardis may cause some side effects to develop while it lowers your blood pressure and helps protect your cardiovascular system. Speak with your doctor for more specific information regarding any symptoms you may encounter when taking telmisartan.
Common Micardis side effects:
- Dizziness, feeling tired
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Back pain
- Cold or flu symptoms
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious side effects may occur when taking telmisartan. Stop using this medication and call your doctor if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Eye pain, vision problems
- Light-headed feeling like you might pass out
- Swelling in hands or feet, unusual weight gain
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding
- Signs of an electrolyte imbalance (dry mouth, increased thirst, drowsiness, confusion, feeling restless, vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, lack of energy, fast heartbeats, little or no urination, seizure)
In rare instances, telmisartan may lead to a condition that breaks down skeletal muscle tissue which can cause kidney failure. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if you also have a fever, unusual tiredness, or dark-coloured urine.
Do not take Micardis if you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide or telmisartan. If you notice signs of an allergic reaction, stop taking this antihypertensive medication and call your doctor right away.
Micardis allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
Do not use Micardis if you are unable to urinate.
If you also have diabetes, do not take Micardis in combination with any medication that contains aliskiren.
Do not take Micardis if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant, stop using this medication and tell your doctor immediately. Telmisartan can cause harm or death to an unborn baby if taken during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
Do not take potassium supplements or use salt substitutes while taking Micardis unless instructed to do so by your doctor. Telmisartan can cause an increase in your potassium and sodium levels.
Alcohol can cause your blood pressure to drop and may cause adverse side effects while taking this antihypertensive medication.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated while taking Micardis.
To ensure Micardis is safe for you to take, tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Low or high magnesium or potassium levels
- Asthma or allergies
- Penicillin or sulfa drug allergy
If you also take cholestyramine or colestipol, wait at least 4 hours before or after using Micardis to take them.
Some other drugs may interact with telmisartan and cause unwanted side effects. Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicine, vitamins, and herbal products, but especially any of the following:
- Any other heart or blood pressure medications
- Another diuretic
- Insulin or oral diabetes medication
- Opioid pain medicine
- Sleeping pills
- Steroid medicine or adrenocorticotrophic hormones
- Barbiturate medicine such as butabarbital, phenobarbital, or secobarbital
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen
Do not breastfeed while taking Micardis. Telmisartan can pass through breast milk and cause adverse effects in a nursing baby.
Form and Strength
This hypertensive medication is available in tablet form.
Micardis tablet strengths:
All the Micardis tablet strengths are available in quantities of 84 while the 40mg ones are also available in groups of 90 and the 80mg tablets are available in quantities of 100.
Does Micardis make you tired?
One of the more common side effects associated with Micardis includes tiredness. Because this medication is taken only once a day and is not affected by the time of day in which it is taken, you can take your daily dose in the evening before bed to avoid tiredness in the day.
How long does Micardis take to work?
Micardis is easily absorbed and reaches peak concentrations within an hour of dosing. However, it does take some time for telmisartan to work into your system and start showing effects. You should start to see a reduction in your blood pressure and its symptoms within 2 weeks of your first dose, but its full effects may take up to 4 weeks to develop.
20mg, 40mg, 80mg
28, 84, 90, 100