Safely Buy Requip ( Ropinirole ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Requip is a dopamine medication used to relieve symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (PD) and to treat restless leg syndrome (RLS). This medication has been found effective at treating both early and late PD.
Ropinirole is a dopamine receptor agonist that stimulates dopaminergic activity in the central and peripheral nervous systems. This action allows Requip to reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and RLS by blocking certain chemicals to promote proper physiological functions.
This medication has been found to be an effective treatment for Parkinson’s disease and RLS, improving symptoms such as stiffness, tremors, muscle spasms, and poor muscle control. Requip is generally well-tolerated and safe, although some serious adverse reactions should be monitored.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of Requip that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual and condition being treated. Follow all your doctor’s directives and read packaging labels carefully.
- Swallow tablets whole
- Take with or without food at the same time each day
- For PD treatment, most adults take an initial dose of 0.25mg three times a day
- Doses can be titrated after a week in increments of 1mg or based on patient tolerability
- Adults should not take more than 8mg three times a day
- For RLS, adults usually start by taking 0.25mg once a day for two days before titrating up weekly
- Adults should not take more than 4mg once daily to treat RLS
- When taking Requip to treat RLS, daily doses should be taken 1 to 3 hours before bed
- Do not take more Requip than prescribed for longer than recommended
- Call your doctor if you notice part of a tablet in your stool
- Tell your doctor if symptoms worsen, occur earlier, of if you feel them in your hands or arms
- Your symptoms may take several weeks to fully improve, continue taking Requip as prescribed
- Do not suddenly stop taking Requip to avoid withdrawal symptoms
- Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light
- Keep away from children and pets with the bottle lid tightly closed
Requip may cause some side effects to develop while stimulating dopaminergic activity in your system. Speak with your doctor for more information regarding any symptoms that you may encounter when taking ropinirole.
Common Requip side effects:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, weakness
- Headache, confusion, hallucinations
- Increased blood pressure (severe headache, pounding in neck or ears, nosebleeds, irregular heartbeat)
- Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation
- Flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches)
- Sudden muscle movements
- Increased sweating
- Swelling in legs or feet
Some Requip users have fallen asleep during daytime activities including working, talking, eating, or driving. Tell your doctor if you have any issues during the day feeling sleepy or drowsy while taking ropinirole.
You may have an increase in sexual urges, unusual desire to gamble, or other intense urges while taking Requip. Speak with your doctor if you experience any of these urges.
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse reactions may occur when taking ropinirole. Stop using Requip and call your doctor right away if you develop any of the following side effects:
- Extreme drowsiness, suddenly falling asleep even after feeling alert
- Worsening symptoms or no improvement
- Light-headed feeling like you might pass out
- Unusual changes in mood or behaviour
- Tremors, twitching, uncontrollable muscle movements
Confusion or hallucinations may be more likely to occur in older adults who use Requip.
Do not take Requip if you are allergic to ropinirole. If you develop signs of an allergic reaction, stop using this medication and contact your doctor.
Requip allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
Avoid driving or performing any hazardous activities that require you to be alert until you know how this medication will affect you. Ropinirole has been found to cause significant drowsiness causing some users to fall asleep during regular daytime activities. Consult with your doctor if you have any problems with daytime sleepiness or drowsiness.
Requip may cause you to have intense urges such as an increase in sex drive and a desire to gamble. Tell your doctor if you notice any new or unusual intense urges while using ropinirole.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Requip because it can increase adverse effects.
Requip may cause you to hallucinate, visual or auditory, especially in older users. Call your doctor right away if you experience any hallucinations.
Do not suddenly stop taking Requip or change your dose without first consulting your doctor. If not, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as fever, muscle stiffness, and confusion.
Some Requip users taking the medication to treat PD have developed skin cancer, but these patients may have an increased risk of developing melanoma before taking ropinirole. Speak with your doctor to assess your risk levels and to learn what symptoms to monitor for.
To ensure your safety when taking Requip, tell your doctor if you have any of the following:
- High or low blood pressure
- Kidney disease or if you are on dialysis
- Heart disease, heart rhythm problems
- Sleep disorder such as narcolepsy or any other conditions that cause daytime drowsiness
- If you smoke
Ropinirole’s effects on unborn and nursing babies are unclear. Consult with your doctor before taking Requip while pregnant or breastfeeding. This medication may slow breast milk production.
Ask your doctor before taking any medications that cause drowsiness because they can worsen Requip’s sleepy effects. These medicines include sleeping pills, narcotic medication, muscle relaxants, or medicine for anxiety, depression, or seizures.
Some other drugs can interact with ropinirole and cause adverse reactions. To ensure your safety, tell your doctor about all the medications you take including over the counter medicine, vitamins, and herbal products.
Requip is not an approved treatment for anyone under the age of 18.
Form and Strength
This dopamine medication for PD and RLS is available in tablet form.
Requip tablet strengths:
- 0.5 mg
What should you not take with Requip?
You should consult with your doctor before taking any medications that cause drowsiness because they can add to Requip’s drowsy side effects. Ropinirole has been found to cause some users to fall asleep during daytime activities such as working, talking, and driving. To avoid this, be cautious about taking sleeping pills, muscle relaxants, and antipsychotic medications.
When is the best time to take Requip?
Adults treating Parkinson’s disease with Requip are recommended to take their dose three times a day. These can be taken with or without meals when it works best for you. Those who use ropinirole to treat RLS should take their single daily dose 1 to 3 hours before bed to relieve symptoms and improve sleep.
Requip, Ropark, Ropinirole
0.5mg, 0.25mg, 1mg, 2mg
60, 84, 90, 100