Safely Buy Revatio ( Sildenafil ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
Revatio is an antihypertensive medication used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension and to improve men and women’s exercise capacity.
Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor that relaxes your blood vessel muscles to improve blood flow throughout your body. This vasodilating effect allows Revatio to treat pulmonary hypertension and improve quality of life.
This hypertension medication has been found to be an effective treatment for improving symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Thanks to Revatio’s effects on your blood flow it can also improve your capacity for exercise performance.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of Revatio that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual and condition being treated. Follow your doctor’s instructions and read packaging labels carefully for the best results during treatment.
- Swallow tablets whole
- Take your doses 4 to 6 hours apart
- Most adults take 20mg three times a day
- Adults should take no more than 80mg three times daily
- During sexual activity, if you notice adverse effects such as dizziness, nausea, numbness, or tingling, stop and call your doctor
- Store Revatio at room temperature away from moisture and heat
- Keep away from children and pets
Revatio may cause some side effects to develop while improving your blood flow. Speak with your doctor for more information relating to any symptoms that you may experience when taking sildenafil.
Common Revatio side effects:
- Headache, dizziness
- Abnormal vision
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or back pain
- Upset stomach
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse reactions may occur when taking sildenafil. Stop using Revatio and contact your doctor immediately if you develop any of the following side effects:
- Severe shortness of breath, cough with foamy mucus
- Ringing ears or sudden hearing loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling in hands, ankles, or feet
- Light-headedness like you might pass out
Seek immediate medical attention if you have ay of the following reactions:
- Signs of a heart attack (chest pain or pressure, pain that spreads to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating)
- Changes in vision or sudden vision loss
- Painful erection or one that lasts longer than 4 hours
Do not take Revatio if you are allergic to sildenafil or any of the other listed tablet ingredients. If you develop an allergic reaction, stop taking this medication and call your doctor right away.
Revatio allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling in face, lips, tongue, or throat
Do not use Revatio if you also take other medications for pulmonary arterial hypertension such as riociguat.
Avoid ingesting any grapefruit products while taking Revatio because it can interact with sildenafil and cause adverse effects.
Do not drink alcohol while taking Revatio because it can cause an increase in side effects.
Avoid using other medications to treat impotence without first consulting your doctor.
Do not take Revatio if you also use a nitrate drug to relieve chest pain or treat heart problems because they can interact and cause a sudden and serious drop in blood pressure.
Do not take Revatio with a nitrate medication because their combination can cause a sudden and severe drop in blood pressure. These medications include nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide and others often used to treat angina or heart problems.
To ensure your safety when taking Revatio, tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following:
- Heart problems
- High or low blood pressure
- Blood circulation problems
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Blindness in one or both eyes
- Bleeding problems
- Stomach ulcer
- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease
- Liver or kidney disease
- Blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- Physical deformity of the penis such as Peyronie’s disease
- If you have been told not to have sexual intercourse due to health reasons
Do not take Revatio with similar types of medication such as avanafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil.
Some other drugs can interact with sildenafil and cause adverse reactions. To ensure your safety, tell your doctor about all the drugs you take, including over the counter medicine, but especially any of the following:
- High blood pressure medication
- Medicine to treat prostate disorder
- Antifungal medicine (ketoconazole or itraconazole)
- HIV/AIDS medication (ritonavir and others)
Sildenafil may cause a decrease in your blood flow to the optic nerve of your eye which could lead to a sudden loss of vision. This is rare but is most reported amongst patients with heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or pre-existing eye problems or those over fifty or who smoked.
Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while taking Revatio to determine the benefits and risks. Sildenafil’s effects on unborn babies are unknown but having hypertension during pregnancy can be very dangerous and cause many complications.
Ask your doctor before breastfeeding while taking this medication.
Revatio should not be given to anyone under the age of 18 without medical advice.
Form and Strength
This antihypertensive medication is available in tablet form.
Revatio tablet strength:
The 20mg tablets are available in quantities of 30 or 90.
What happens when you take Revatio?
Revatio is an antihypertensive medication that uses sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor, to relax the muscles in your blood vessels so your blood can flow more easily. This action helps treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. Thanks to this Revatio can also improve your exercise performance.
What are the most common adverse effects for Revatio?
The most common reported side effects of taking Revatio include dizziness, headaches, flushing, stomach upset, and trouble sleeping. In some rare cases patients have reported a sudden loss of vision caused by a decrease in blood flow to an optical nerve but underlying health issues may have been large contributors.