Safely Buy Rytary ( Carbidopa/Levodopa ER ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Rytary is a Parkinson’s disease medication used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, post-encephalitic parkinsonism, and parkinsonism caused by carbon monoxide or manganese poisoning.
This medication uses a combination of carbidopa (an aromatic amino acid decarboxylation inhibitor) and levodopa (an aromatic amino acid) to treat symptoms. Carbidopa inhibits a process that reduces levodopa levels, allowing for greater amounts of levodopa to pass through your system where it is converted into dopamine. These actions allow Rytary to relieve your symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Dosage and Administration
The dose of Rytary that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual being treated. Follow all the directives given to you by your healthcare provider and read packaging instructions carefully to ensure the best results during treatment. Do not change your dose of Rytary on your own.
- Swallow capsule whole, do not crush or chew
- Take with or without food
- Patients with difficulty swallowing can sprinkle the capsule contents into applesauce and eat immediately
- Doses are usually taken 3 times a day but may be increased to a maximum of 5 times
- Do not suddenly stop taking Rytary
- Store at room temperature away from children and pets
Patients without previous levodopa treatment:
- Most adults start by taking 23.75/95mg three times daily for three days
- On the fourth day of treatment, doses can increase to 36.25/145mg three times a day
- Adults should not take more than 97.5/390mg three times daily
- Maintenance doses should not exceed 612.5/2450mg total each day
Patients switching from immediate-release carbidopa/levodopa therapy:
- Patients currently taking 400 to 549mg of levodopa should take 3 23.75/95mg capsules three times daily
- Patients taking 550 to 749mg of levodopa should take 4 23.75/95mg capsules three times a day
- Patients taking 750 to 949mg should take 3 36.25/145mg capsules three times daily
- Patients taking 950 to 1249mg should take 3 48.75/195mg capsules three times each day
- Patients taking more than 1250mg of levodopa should take either 4 48.75/195mg capsules three times a day or 3 61.25/245mg capsules three times daily
Rytary may cause some side effects to develop while helping relieve your symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Speak with your healthcare provider for more information regarding any reactions you may experience when taking this medication.
Common Rytary side effects:
- Abnormal dreams
- Dry mouth
- Unusual involuntary movements
- Low blood pressure when standing
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse effects may occur when taking this medication. Stop using Rytary and contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Falling asleep during normal daily activities, even if you felt alert right before
- Hallucinations, psychosis
- Unusual changes in mood or behaviour
- Depression or suicidal thoughts
- Involuntary muscle movements in your face, arms, or legs
- Worsening tremors
- Severe nervous system reaction (stiff or rigid muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, feeling faint)
Some patients have reported an increase in sexual urges as well as unusual urged to gamble, eat, drink, and more during treatment with Rytary. Monitor your behaviour and tell your healthcare provider if you experience any sudden urges.
Do not take Rytary if you are allergic to carbidopa, levodopa, or any of the other listed capsule ingredients. Stop using this Parkinson’s disease medication and call your healthcare provider if you develop any signs of an allergic reaction.
Rytary allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Do not take Rytary if you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- To avoid a drug interaction, do not use Rytary within 14 days of taking an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine.
- To ensure your safety when taking Rytary, tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had any of the following:
- Liver or kidney disease
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attack
- Endocrine disorder
- A breathing disorder such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Stomach or intestinal ulcer
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Depression, mental illness, psychosis
- Some Rytary users have developed suicidal thoughts or actions during treatment. Tell your healthcare provider if you notice any changes in your mood or behaviour.
- Your risk for developing skin cancer is heightened when you have Parkinson’s disease. Speak with your healthcare provider for more information about symptoms.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using Rytary to ensure determine the benefits and risks.
- Rytary has been found to cause users to fall asleep during normal daytime activities, sometimes without warning, as late as a year after starting treatment. Do not drive or perform any tasks that require alertness until you know how this medication will affect you.
- Rytary may cause you to develop new and unusual urges including sexual urges as well as the urge to gamble, eat, or drink. Speak with your healthcare provider if you develop any sudden, strong urges.
- Some patients using Rytary have developed an increase in sudden involuntary muscle movements in their faces, arms, or legs.
Form and Strength
This anti-parkinsonism medication is available in the form of extended-release capsules.
Rytary capsule strengths:
- 23.75mg carbidopa / 95mg levodopa
All the Rytary extended-release capsule strengths are available in quantities of 100.
How long does it take Rytary to work?
The extended-release Rytary capsules take roughly 50 minutes to take effect and last up to 4 or 6 hours. By taking multiple doses each day, Rytary helps relieve and reduce your symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Speak with your healthcare provider to determine a dosing regimen that works best for you.
Does Rytary make you tired?
Rytary has been found to cause tiredness and sleep in individuals who are performing daily tasks, even without warning. Because of this, you should not drive, operate machinery, or perform any hazardous tasks until you know how this medication will affect you. The side effect may occur up to a year after starting treatment.
23.75/95mg, 36.25/145mg, 48.75/195mg, 61.25/245mg
Extended Release Capsule