Safely Buy Rythmol ( Propafenone ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Rythmol is an anti-arrhythmic medication used to prevent serious heart rhythm disorders in individuals with episodic atrial fibrillation.
Propafenone offers local anesthetic properties and helps stabilize membranes in your heart to regulate its rhythm and rate. Thanks to these actions, Rythmol can slow increased heart rates and protect your heart health to prevent episodes of irregular heartbeats.
Dosage and Administration
The dose of Rythmol that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual and heart condition being treated. Always follow your healthcare provider’s directions and read packaging instructions carefully to ensure the best results during treatment. Do not change your dose on your own without speaking to a healthcare professional.
- Swallow tablets whole with water
- Take with food
- Most adults take an initial dose of 150mg every 8 hours
- Doses can increase in intervals of 3 to 4 days up to 300mg every 12 hours
- Adults should not take more than 900mg each day
- Patients with impaired liver function should start by taking 150mg once daily before increasing to 150mg every 8 hours or 300mg every 12 hours
- Do not take more or less than prescribed
- Do not take Rythmol more or less frequently than directed
- Store at room temperature away from children and pets
Rythmol may cause some side effects to develop when regulating the rhythm of your heart. Speak with your healthcare provider for more information regarding any symptoms that you may encounter when taking this medication.
Common Rythmol side effects:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation
- Headache, dizziness, tiredness
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse effects may occur during treatment with Rythmol. Stop using this medication and contact your healthcare provider if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in arms or legs
- Sudden weight gain
- Fever, chills, sore throat
Rythmol may cause you to develop a new or worsening heartbeat rhythm. Call your healthcare provider immediately if you notice fast or pounding heartbeats, a fluttering sensation in your chest, shortness of breath, or sudden dizziness.
Do not take Rythmol if you are allergic to propafenone or any of the other listed tablet ingredients. If you notice signs of an allergic reaction, stop taking Rythmol and contact your healthcare provider.
Rythmol allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Do not use Rythmol if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Brugada syndrome
- Sick sinus syndrome
- AV block without a pacemaker
- Severe low blood pressure
- Very slow heartbeats
- Severe electrolyte imbalance
- Shortness of breath
- If you have recently suffered a heart attack
- Some Rythmol users have experienced new or worsening heart rhythm patterns during treatment. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop fast or pounding heartbeats, fluttering sensation in your chest, shortness of breath, or sudden dizziness.
- To ensure your safety when using Rythmol, tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had any of the following:
- Breathing disorder
- Liver or kidney disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Abnormal blood test called antinuclear antibody test or ANA
- If you have a pacemaker or defibrillator, your device may need reprogramming during treatment with Rythmol. Ensure that your healthcare provider knows you use either of these devices so they can monitor the devices.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using Rythmol to ensure the safety of you and your child.
- Rythmol may affect fertility in male patients. Speak with your healthcare professional if you have any questions about your risks during treatment with this medication.
- Avoid ingesting grapefruit products because they can interact with Rythmol and cause an increase in adverse effects.
- Some other drugs may interact with Rythmol and cause unwanted side effects. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicines, but especially any of the following:
- Beta-blocker medications used to treat high blood pressure (propranolol, metoprolol, and others)
- Quinidine, ketoconazole, and erythromycin
- Anticoagulant medications (warfarin, acenocoumarin, and others)
- Local anesthetics like lidocaine
- Antidepressant drugs (desipramine, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, and venlafaxine)
- Ritonavir and products combining ritonavir with lopinavir
- St. John’s wort
- Rythmol may cause you to become dizzy, tired, and have low blood pressure which may impair your thinking and reactions. Avoid driving or performing and hazardous tasks until you know how this medication will affect you.
- This medication may cause your levels of white blood cells to decrease. Contact your healthcare provider if you develop a fever, fatigue, discomfort, or signs of infection during treatment with Rythmol.
Form and Strength
This antiarrhythmic medication is available in tablet form.
Rythmol tablet strengths include:
The 150mg Rythmol tablets are available in quantities of 90 and 100 while the 225mg tablets are available in groups of 60 and 90 and the 300mg ones are available in quantities of 90.
Can you stop Rythmol abruptly?
You should not stop taking Rythmol or any other heart medications without first consulting with your healthcare provider. Suddenly stopping treatment with Rythmol may cause your heartbeat to become irregular, which could lead to dangerous effects. Continue taking this medication as directed, even if you feel well, to regulate your heart rhythm.
Does Rythmol need to be taken with food?
It is recommended that you take your doses of Rythmol with food. This helps increase your body’s ability to absorb propafenone to provide the best antiarrhythmic effects. Follow all your healthcare provider’s instructions for administration to ensure the best results during your treatment with Rythmol.
Propafenone, Propafenone Hcl
Arythmol, Propafenone, Propafenone Hcl, Rythmol
150mg, 225mg, 300mg
60, 90, 100