Safely Buy Serevent Diskus ( Salmeterol ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Serevent Diskus is an asthma medication used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The medication is also used to prevent bronchospasm attacks and breathing issues related to exercise.
Salmeterol is a selective long-acting beta-adrenergic agonist that improves your breathing by relaxing your smooth muscle in your airways. The medication’s actions on receptors in your respiratory system help Serevent Diskus treat and prevent bronchial attacks that occur when your airways tighten.
Dosage and Administration
The dose and administration of Serevent Diskus that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual and breathing condition being treated. Follow all directions given by your healthcare provider and read package labels carefully to ensure the best therapeutic results. Do not change your dose on your own.
- Use Serevent Diskus exactly as your healthcare provider tells you
- Do not inhale this medication more or less often than prescribed
- Only administer Serevent Diskus orally
- Continue taking your doses as directed, even if you feel well
- Do not take apart your inhalation device or wash it
- Close your inhalation device after each dose is taken
- Do not take more than two inhaled doses each day
- Store closed at room temperature away from children and pets
To treat asthma:
- Adults and children older than 4 usually inhale 50mcg twice daily
- Doses should be taken roughly 12 hours apart
- Serevent Diskus should be used as additional asthma therapy with inhaled corticosteroids
To prevent exercised-induced bronchospasms:
- Inhale one 50mcg dose of Serevent Diskus at least 30 minutes before you exercise
- Bronchospasm protection should last up to 9 hours in adults and adolescents and 12 hours in patients aged 4 to 11 years old.
To treat COPD:
- For maintenance treatment, adults should inhale 50mcg twice daily
- Doses should be taken 12 hours apart
Serevent Diskus may cause some side effects to develop while widening your airways to improve airflow and reduce obstructions. Speak with your healthcare provider about any symptoms you may encounter to learn more.
Common Serevent Diskus side effects:
- Irritated throat
- Sinus congestion, runny nose, flu
- Bronchitis, cough
- Muscle and joint pain
- Respiratory infections
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse reactions may occur when using Serevent Diskus. Stop taking this medication and contact your healthcare provider if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Sudden breathing issues after inhalation
- Increased blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Awareness of your heartbeat
- Tremors, nervousness
- High blood sugar levels
- Low levels of potassium in your blood
Do not use Serevent Diskus if you are allergic to Salmeterol, milk proteins, or any of the other listed ingredients. If you develop any signs of an allergic reaction, stop using this asthma and COPD medication and contact your healthcare provider right away.
Serevent Diskus allergy symptoms may include:
- Rash, hives
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, mouth, tongue, or throat
Do not use Serevent Diskus as a monotherapy treatment for asthma. When used as an asthma treatment, this medication should be used alongside an inhaled corticosteroid to reduce the risk of death from asthma problems.
Contact your healthcare provider if you notice your breathing problems become worse during treatment.
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience a sudden worsening of breathing problems, or if your rescue inhaler does not relieve your breathing attack.
Tell your healthcare provider if you need 4 or more inhalations from your rescue inhaler within 24 hours for 2 or more consecutive days or if you use a whole canister of rescue medicine in 8 weeks.
Speak with your healthcare provider if your asthma symptoms do not improve after regular treatment for 1 week.
Do not use this medication to treat sudden, severe symptoms of asthma or COPD because Serevent Diskus will not take effect quickly enough to help. Only use fast-acting rescue medicines to treat sudden breathing attacks.
To ensure your safety when using Serevent Diskus, tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had any of the following:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid issues
- Liver problems
Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using Serevent Diskus. It is unclear how the medication will affect your unborn baby.
Discuss with your healthcare provider before breastfeeding during treatment with Serevent Diskus. The medication may or may not pass into your breastmilk and affect your nursing child.
Some drugs may interact with Serevent Diskus and cause adverse reactions. Tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicines, but especially any of the following:
- Antifungal medications
- Medicines to treat HIV
- Other medications that contain a long-acting beta-adrenergic agonist
Do not administer Serevent Diskus to any child younger than the age of 4.
Form and Strength
This asthma and COPD medication is available in the form of an inhaler diskus.
Serevent Diskus strength:
The 50mcg strength Serevent Diskus is available in quantities of 60 and 180 doses.
Can you use Serevent Diskus alone?
You can use Serevent Diskus on its own to manage symptoms of COPD and to prevent bronchospasms caused by exercise. However, if you use this inhalation medication to treat symptoms of asthma, it should be taken with an inhaled corticosteroid. Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for administration.
How long does it take for Serevent Diskus to work?
This inhaled medication is quickly absorbed into your airways to improve your breathing and help prevent obstructions. Serevent Diskus should provide protection against bronchospasm attacks within 20 minutes and should be taken at least 30 minutes before starting exercise. When first starting treatment with Serevent Diskus for asthma or COPD, it may take a few days to see the medication’s full benefits.
Serevent Accuhaler, Serevent Acculaher
60doses, 120doses, 180doses
Dry Powder Inhaler