Safely Buy Anafranil ( Clomipramine ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Anafranil is a tricyclic antidepressant medication used to treat symptoms related to obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD including repetitive thoughts, feelings, or actions.
Clomipramine is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor that helps improve the amount serotonin available in your brain while its metabolite also inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine. The drug may also affect the transmission of dopamine in your brain as well as rapid eye movement sleep.
This antidepressant is easily absorbed through your gastrointestinal system and is generally well tolerated. Anafranil may also be used to improve panic attacks, phobias, depression, and chronic pain thanks to its effects on multiple chemicals in your brain.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of Anafranil prescribed will vary depending on the individual and the severity of the condition being treated. Always follow your doctor’s instructions and read all packaging labels carefully.
- Take with food to reduce gastrointestinal upset
- Swallow tablets whole
- Most adults take an initial dose of 25mg daily before gradually increasing
- Adults shouldn’t take more than 250mg daily
- Children usually start taking 25mg daily before gradually increasing
- Children should not take more than 200mg or 3mg/kg daily
- Initial doses should be divided throughout the day
- After titration, doses can be taken once daily at night
- Do not suddenly stop using Anafranil
- This medication may take up to 4 weeks to improve symptoms
- You may need to stop taking this medication for a short time before a surgery
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat
Anafranil may cause some side effects to occur as it helps balance chemicals in your brain. For more information regarding symptoms you may encounter, speak with your doctor.
Common Anafranil side effects:
- Feeling dizzy, drowsy, tired, nervous
- Tremors, jerking muscle movements
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Troubles urinating
- Vision changes
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious side effects may develop when you take Anafranil. Contact your doctor right away if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Blurred or tunnel vision, seeing halos around lights
- Eye pain or swelling
- Confusion, extreme fear, thoughts of self-harm
- Pain or burning when you urinate
- Low sodium levels (headache, confusion, slurred speech, severe weakness, vomiting, loss of coordination, feeling unsteady)
Seek immediate medical attention if you display symptoms of serotonin syndrome, such as:
- Fever, sweating, shivering
- Fast heart rate
- Muscle stiffness, twitching
- Loss of coordination
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
Do not take Anafranil if you are allergic to clomipramine or other antidepressants such as amitriptyline, amoxapine, trimipramine, or doxepin. If you develop signs of an allergic reaction, stop using this medication and call your doctor right away.
Anafranil allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
Seek immediate medical attention if you develop a severe drug reaction which can affect many parts of your body. Symptoms may include:
- Skin rash
- Swollen glands
- Muscle aches
- Severe muscle weakness
- Unusual bruising
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
Do not use Anafranil if you have recently had a heart attack or if you have used an MAO inhibitor within the last 14 days. These inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, and others which can cause a dangerous reaction to occur when taken with clomipramine.
Tell your doctor if you have used a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor in the past five weeks, such as citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, or paroxetine.
To ensure the safety of taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following:
- Liver or kidney disease
- Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or other mental illness
- Seizure or head injury
- Low blood pressure
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Overactive thyroid or adrenal gland tumor
- Urination problems
Ensure your doctor is aware if you take stimulant medicine, opioid medication, herbal products, or medicine for depression, mental illness, Parkinson’s disease, migraines, serious infections, or for preventing nausea and vomiting. When used alongside Anafranil, these medications may lead to an accumulation of serotonin and the development of a serious condition called serotonin syndrome.
Many drugs may interact with clomipramine and cause unwanted side effects. Ensure you tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicine, vitamins, and herbal products.
Some young people have an increase in suicidal thoughts when first taking an antidepressant. Monitor your mood and symptoms closely; report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor.
Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant before taking this medication. Withdrawal symptoms may develop in the newborn when used in late pregnancy.
Avoid breast feeding when taking Anafranil.
Form and Strength
This antidepressant medication is available in tablet form.
Anafranil tablet strengths:
The 10mg tablets are available in quantities of 90 while the 25mg ones are available in groups of 90 or 100 and the 50mg tablets are available in quantities of 28, 84, or 100.
What are the most common side effects of antidepressants?
The most common side effects that occur when taking antidepressants are drowsiness and gastrointestinal effects such as nausea. These two effects are most common with tricyclic antidepressants like Anafranil. Taking the Anafranil tablets with meals and at night should help mitigate these effects and avoid daytime sedation.
How long does it take for Anafranil to work?
Anafranil is easily absorbed by your gastrointestinal system and begins to work right away; however, it may take up to 4 weeks to see an improvement in OCD symptoms. This small delay is because clomipramine needs time to affect the chemicals in your brain and for these changes to take effect in the rest of your body.
10mg, 25mg, 50mg
90, 100, 200