Safely Buy Motilium ( Domperidone ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
|Add To Cart
Motilium is a brand name for the drug domperidone. It is an antiemetic and prokinetic medicine used to treat nausea and vomiting, particularly in adults and adolescents over 12 with a weight of at least 35 kg.
Motilium works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger in the brain which causes the feeling of nausea and by promoting the movement of food through the digestive system.
Use and Dosage
The recommended dosage for Motilium (domperidone) is up to 10 mg, taken up to three times per day, for a maximum daily dose of 30 mg.
The actual dosage may vary depending on the age, weight, and specific condition of the patient.
Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible duration. Patients with moderate or severe liver impairment should not take Motilium. As always, it is best to consult with a healthcare provider for guidance on proper dosage.
Domperidone can cause serious side effects. Stop taking Domperidone and see your doctor or go to a hospital straightaway if:
- You get swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips, or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. You may also notice an itchy, lumpy rash (hives) or nettle rash (urticaria). This may mean you are having an allergic reaction to this medicine.
- You notice any uncontrolled movements. These include irregular eye movements, unusual movements of the tongue, and abnormal posture such as a twisted neck, trembling, and muscle stiffness. This is more likely to happen in children. These symptoms should stop once you stop taking this medicine.
- You have a very fast or unusual heartbeat. This could be a sign of a life-threatening heart problem.
- You have a fit (seizure).
Common side effects of domperidone include:
- Dry mouth
Uncommon side effects of domperidone include:
- Lowering of sexual drive (libido) in men
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling drowsy
- Itchy skin
- Unusual production of breast milk in men and women
- Painful or tender breasts
- A general feeling of weakness
Other side effects (frequency unknown) of domperidone include:
Disorders of the cardiovascular system: heart rhythm disorders (rapid or irregular heartbeat) have been reported; if this happens, you should stop the treatment immediately. Domperidone may be associated with an increased risk of heart rhythm disorder and cardiac arrest. This risk may be more likely in those over 60 years old or taking doses higher than 30 mg per day.
- Feeling agitated or irritable
- Feeling more nervous than usual
- Abnormal eye movements
- Inability to urinate
- Breast enlargement in men
- In women, menstrual periods may be irregular or stop
- A blood test shows changes in the way your liver is working
Some patients who have used this medicine for conditions and dosages requiring longer-term medical supervision have experienced the following unwanted effects: Restlessness; swollen or enlarged breasts, unusual discharge from breasts, irregular menstrual periods in women, difficulty breastfeeding, depression, and hypersensitivity.
Side effects such as feeling drowsy, nervous, agitated, or irritable or having a fit are more likely to happen in children.
These are not all side effects of domperidone.
According to the search results, there are several important cautions to keep in mind when taking Motilium (domperidone). These include:
- Do not take Motilium if you have a history of heart problems, such as irregular heartbeats or heart failure
- Motilium should not be taken by patients with moderate or severe liver impairment.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should speak to their healthcare provider before taking Motilium.
- The recommended dosage should not be exceeded, and it is important to use the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible duration.
- Finally, it is important to be aware of the potential side effects of Motilium, which can include headaches, dry mouth, and dizziness. Patients should speak to their healthcare provider if they experience any side effects while taking this medication.
Motilium can interact with other medications, including some antibiotics, antifungal agents, and antidepressants, so it is important to let your healthcare provider know about all the medications you are taking.
Form and Strengths
Motilium is available in the following form and strengths:
- Motilium Tablet:
- 10 mg
- Domperidone Tablet:
- 10 mg
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of domperidone, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, wait until that is due and then continue as normal. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
If you take too much domperidone, seek medical attention straight away. In the event of an overdose, symptomatic treatment can be implemented. An ECG monitoring may be undertaken, because of the possibility of a heart problem called prolonged QT interval.
Domperidone Maleate, Gastractiv
90, 100, 180, 200, 270