Safely Buy Provera ( Medroxyprogesterone ) from Canada Prescriptions Plus.
( Top Brand Option )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Provera||5mg||90||$85.25||Add To Cart|
|Provera||10mg||100||$122.70||Add To Cart|
|Provera||2.5mg||90||$80.50||Add To Cart|
( Affordable Generic Alternatives )
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Medroxyprogesterone||5mg||100||$34.40||Add To Cart|
|Medroxyprogesterone||10mg||100||$43.10||Add To Cart|
|Medroxyprogesterone||2.5mg||100||$31.20||Add To Cart|
Provera is a hormone medication used to treat menstrual conditions such as absent or irregular periods and abnormal uterine bleeding. The medicine can also be used alongside estrogen to decrease your risk of endometrial hyperplasia which could lead to uterine cancer.
Medroxyprogesterone is a progesterone derivative that helps regulate and manage female reproductive hormone levels to support menstrual bleeding. An increase in this hormone also offers treatment and prevention of uterine bleeding.
This hormone medication is generally well-tolerated and has proven as effective as other forms of treatment at improving menstrual and uterine conditions.
Uses and Dosage
The dose of Provera that is prescribed will vary depending on the individual and condition being treated. Follow your doctor’s directives and read packaging labels carefully to ensure the best results during treatment.
- Swallow tablets whole
- Administration with food or close to meals increases the bioavailability of Provera
- Doses should start low and increase as needed
- Most women treating absent menstrual periods take 5 or 10mg daily for 5 to 10 days
- For abnormal uterine bleeding, woman take 5 or 10mg on the 16th or 21st day of their cycle for 5 to 10 days
- For endometrial hyperplasia, postmenopausal women can take 5 or 10mg daily for 12 to 14 days each month beginning on the 1st or 16th day of their cycle
- Regularly self-examine your breast for lumps and have physical exams monthly
- Tell any doctor or surgeon you take Provera because you may need to suspend your treatment before a major surgery or if you will be on long-term bed rest
- Provera can affect some medical tests, tell any doctor who treats you that you take it
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat
- Keep away from children and pets
Provera may cause some side effects to develop while affecting your hormone levels. Speak with your doctor for more specific information regarding any symptoms that you may experience when taking medroxyprogesterone.
Common Provera side effects:
- Spotting or breakthrough bleeding
- Changes in your menstrual periods
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Headache, dizziness, feeling nervous or depressed
- Breast tenderness or discharge
- Stomach discomfort, bloating, nausea, vomiting
- Itching, rash, acne, hair growth, hair loss
- Premenstrual symptoms (bloating, fluid retention, mood changes)
- Weight gain
- Bruising or swelling of your veins
- Tiredness, trouble sleeping
- Vision changes, difficulty wearing contact lenses
Serious Side Effects
Some more serious adverse reactions may occur when taking medroxyprogesterone. Stop using Provera and call your doctor right away if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Signs of a stroke (sudden numbness or weakness, sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance)
- Signs of a blood clot (sudden vision loss, stabbing chest pain, shortness of breath, coughing blood, pain or warmth in one or both legs)
- Heart attack symptoms (chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating)
- Liver problems (loss of appetite, upper stomach pain, tiredness, fever, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, jaundice)
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Confusion, memory problems
- Breast lump
- Symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, tiredness, mood changes)
Do not use Provera if you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. If you notice signs of an allergic reaction, stop taking this medication and contact your doctor right away.
Provera allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
Do not use Provera to prevent heart disease, stroke, or dementia. Medroxyprogesterone may increase your risk of developing any of these conditions, especially if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, or if you smoke or are overweight.
Avoid smoking during Provera treatment because it can greatly increase your risk of developing blood clots.
If used long-term, Provera may increase your risk of developing cancer of the breast, uterus, or ovaries. Consult with your doctor about the risks associated with treatment.
Avoid taking Provera if you have any of the following:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding not checked by a doctor
- Liver disease
- History of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- History of hormone-related cancer or cancer of the breast, uterus/cervix, or vagina
To ensure Provera is a safe treatment for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following:
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
- Migraine headaches
- Thyroid disorder
- Jaundice from pregnancy or birth control pills
- Kidney disease
- High or low calcium levels in your blood
Some drugs may interact with medroxyprogesterone and cause unwanted side effects. To ensure your safety, tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including over the counter medicine, vitamins, and herbal products.
Do not use Provera while pregnant because medroxyprogesterone can cause birth defects. Tell your doctor immediately if you become pregnant.
Do not breastfeed while taking Provera.
Form and Strength
This hormone medication is available in tablet form.
Provera tablet strengths:
The Provera tablet strengths are all available in quantities of 100 while the 5mg ones are also available in quantities of 90.
What should you not do when taking Provera?
You should avoid smoking while taking Provera because this can significantly increase your risk of developing blood clots during treatment. Medroxyprogesterone could increase this risk as well as that of developing heart disease or having a stroke on its own.
How quickly does Provera start working?
Provera is quickly absorbed into your gastrointestinal tract and reaches peak concentrations within 2 to 4 hours of having taken a dose. If you take Provera to regulate your menstrual periods, then you should start bleeding within a week of your last dose.
2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg